One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Back in the summer I wrote an entry in here about my Lighthouse phone contact with Bill,N8ET, so now I had to top that with a five lighthouse PSK contact in Wisconsin!
I was orginally going to wait until I got the card like my other contacts but I think at this stage of the game you can take my word for it. This contact was with a husband and wife team also known as "Team Cheese"--WI9TC (I love the callsign). Like the contact with Bill, they were in the line of sight of five lighthouses located on the Wisconsin shores of Lake Michigan. As soon as I saw them on the BeaconBot (the e-mail reflector used to notify people of lighthouse activations-) I knew I had to take my best shot. There were tons of stations dying to get a contact. Well after some monitoring of the waterfall and waiting for a break in the QSO's, I dropped my call. Unfortunately I was getting overpowered a lot so I actually wound up waiting for quite awhile. Although I have to admit it was also fun just watching them work stations. Now ARLHS members know I really only do PSK (although I do have a handful so they actually look for me on the waterfall.
A few minutes after the QSO I sent out the QSL Card! That's how exciting it was for me to work them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Grandma in Florida

Twenty Seven years later