Three years of Cape May scanning



As I( mentioned before t he scanning in Cape May is difference than the scanning in Bergen County. Fist of all Bergen County is divided into seventy towns, each, expect Teterboro has their own fire department and they have about 20 separate dispatch frequencies while Cape May has a countywide dispatch with a few notable exceptions, namely Upper Township. I haven't managed to memorize all the stations so I have a quick cheat sheet. Sadly some of the towns have gone to newer NJICS statewide system,

When I first moved my two base scanners down here. Let's do the simpler scanner first I originally wanted to use the BCT-15 just for scanning Cape May City and marine traffic only but then I remembered I had the NY, Boston and DC Air Traffic Control Centers in there from up north. It became clear that the public safety and marine traffic might be limited so I decided to keep the Centers in there,, I added the local airports. Which is all I need. When something happens in Cape May I simply turn off the statewide system and just scan Cape May City proper. It doesn't happen too often but I am happy to be able to do it with one keystroke

The 996T remains my work horse, I have all of what I have in the BCT15 and a whole lot more. I realized I am exactly due east of Washington, DC so I put a lot more military air frequencies in and they are quite a bit more active than in Northern New Jersey. I got a list from a few folks in the Maryland and Virginia areas. I am extremely impressed with the amount of military traffic I can get. Two factors are I am due east of Washington and can almost get them daily. As a matter of fact I get three or four weather channels during the summer

Both scanners are hooked up to whip antenna using a multicoupler which will hopefully be replaced with an outdoor antenna eventually@!! I kick myself because my dad constantly reminded me to get simple wires to run to the attic before he finished it but I couldn't do it in time Though I am happy with the setup and there's still hope!!!

BCD996T Layout

Cape May County System Quick Key 1

Group 1: Cape May City which includes West Cape May and Cape May Point (CMPD patrols all of them and their FD's

Group 2: Lower, Middle and Upper Townships., Ocean City, Sea Isle

Group 3: Wildwoods
Group 4:Countywide which includes Countywide Fire Dispatch and the fire ground channels. which is mainly te

Group 5: "Congress Hall" I should really relabel it "Cape Resorts" which is the management company that runs Congress Hall and about a dozen other properties around Cape May They make references to "Star Resorts which is a separate motel across the street.  They have thirteen different frequencies

Group 6: Businesses which include Morey's Pier and a few othj

 New Jersey State Quick Key 2

Group 1: Mutual Aid, which includes the SPEN channels, ITAC,UTAC & VTAC channels.
Group 2: NJ Conventional, Garden State Parkway,
Group 3 NJ DEP,  which includes the forest fire
Group 4: Aviation, both Civilian and Military-- The military is HUGE down here, I only
Group 5: Federal

Misc NJ/DE/MD Quick Key 3
Group 1: Atlantic County Fire VHF channels
Group 2: Cumberland County
Group 3: Salem  County
Group 4: Sussex County DE The police departments are all on 700MHz and encrypted but the FDs still

NJSP 800MHz Trunked Quick Key 4

Scratch Quick Key 5

Group 1 NJ Civil Air Patrol
Group 2 Inputs
Group 3
Group 4 Low Band
Group 5: Aircraft
Group 6 Ham Radio
Group 7
Marine SEARCH Quick Key 6

Railroad SEARCH Quick Key 7
_________________________________________________________________________________


BCT15 Layout

Cape May City System Quick Key 1


Group 1:Cape May City which includes West Cape May and Cape May Point (CMPD patrols all of them and their FD's

Group 2: Lower Township Fire ONLY rarely use it but decided it was a good idea


 New Jersey State System Quick Key 2

Group 1: Mutual Aid, which includes the SPEN channels, ITAC,UTAC & VTAC channels.
Group 2: NJ Conventional, Garden State Parkway,
Group 3 NJ DEP,  which includes the forest fire
Group 4: Aviation, both Civilian and Military-- The military is HUGE down here, I only

Marine Search Quick Key 3 Rarely used, f

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Grandma in Florida

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Twenty Seven years later