We make things easier

In the old days of police scanners, you would have a set number of channels in a set number of banks, a 200 channel scanner would have 20 channels in 10 banks. This required s ome planning because you couldn't possible fit everything you wanted in one bank. Some channels in some banks where left empty because some counties or towns have more frequencies thaqn others. There where time you didn't want to scan the entire county at once.
The days of banks and channels are over, which is a good thing, if you know how to use it! Uniden's new line of police scanners, the BC246T, the SC200 and now the new 996T has a feature called DYNAMIC MEMORY which enables the scanner to hold more information because not is wasted. It doesn't have the traditional channels but rather groups that allow memmory to be adjusted. It's like having multiple scanners in one unit! Now I have to admit at first I didn't know about this new way of programming a radio, but after I got used t o it I don' t know how I did without it ! I learned how to program the scanner by trial and error. Plus I use a computer to program it, which actually also made me understand the memory layout better!!
I joined a mailing list for the scanner and learned a lot of little tricks to make the scanner more enjoyable. The problem sometime is many people ask the same things ove r and over hoping someone will spoon feed the information for them! Asking questions is fine, expecting people to spoon feed the informati on to y-ou gets to bke annoying to all those who have heard the answer a million times before!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part I

Delaware to Florida by County

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part III