Bob Dylan blows into town

 




    For a few months there has buzz around Cape May NJ that Bob Dylan was coming to America's Oldest Seaside Resort. No he wasn't playing a concert at Convention Hall. For most of this weeks parts of 2024 Cape May,NJ was transformed into 1965 Newport, RI. A Complete Unknown is a new film about Dylan's conversion from acoustic  to electric guitar starring Timothee Chalamet as Bob Dylan is in production and the location scouting team decided that  Cape May today looked like Newport back in '65. Bob Dylan debuted  his hit song Like a Rolling Stone  at t he Newport Folk Festival. They even transformed Perry Street  into Belevedere Avenue. Shops along the Washington Mall were temporarily renamed to match shops up in Newport.  The Victorian Motel was baptized then Viking Motel for the film  Days prior I started seeing filming equipment  being transported into town. 

    



Like most o f the town I was hoping to get glimpses of the stars but  the vehicles they used in the production also caught my eye. On Sunday my dad noticed classic cars being trailered into town. After a little investigating I discovered the vehicles were staged down  on the far end of Beach Avenue. It was like a car show right in the middle of the week. I snapped a few shots and with the whizardry of Google phots, made a few collages of some of my favorites! I announced on the Cape  May Live Facebook page " The real stars of the Bob Dylan movie have arrived". The post was liked by over 1,200 people and shared 130 times! Not bad for about ten minutes of work!!






There's an invaluable tool used by film crews all over the world.......the radio. As soon as the crews started moving in I decided to do a little frequency hunting with the BC396T . It wasn't long before I discovered the frequencies used by the filming crew. People have been asking if I have heard the stars names over  the air, my simple answer is "not yet". The language has been a bit colorful at times but definitely different for the regular police and fire call.  It got a bit scratchy when they moved production out to ferry park, but I picked them up! I have added "monitoring a movie production" to my list of scanning accomplishments. I also have been giggling at the Congress Hall  staff who have been adding to the commentary on their own channels!

For the scanner buffs here's a list I assembled a list of frequencies:

451.4625 DCS 125
451.6875 DCS 306
456.6875 DCS 331

Update: The radio statiom WFPG used some of my photos on thier website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

ALPCA Convention by County

Cruising the mats