Dove in head first

When my folks put the Woodcliff Lake house on the market to move to Cape May, I made a promise to myself. I knew the Cape May had more opportunities for me for all kinds of reasons, but I needed to act quickly. The VFW next door provided a perfect n etworking tool. Unlike other bars where either my brothers and/or friends usually served as ice breakers, I marched into the VFW alone. It was again a struggle connect with folks who saw past the awkward body walking around, but I soon made friends without any external assistance. Over the course of my visits to the VFW I befriended the then police chief who immediately recognized both my skills, whit and fascination with politics. Being the radio geek and fire buff, I usually pester him with some police talk. He, seeing my genuine interest and perseverance was more than happy to comply. Of course during that time we formed a bond, hey I can't help it, and given my interest in both public safety and politics, saw me as a sounding board. It wasn't long until he was picking me up for a ride-a-long, not really just a tour in an unmarked car with his top lieutenant. I was made aware the police department and the mayor didn't always see eye-to-eye, the mayor is a real micromanager to the extreme and that caused scuffles. The current mayor resented the police chief and his head officers and has done everything to make their lives a living hell. Without tipping my hand thde chief unjustly, and in some opinions illegally, got demoted. The "ex-police chief" was, and still is, embroiled in a so-called "scandal" complete with trumped up charges and the whole nine yards courtesy of the mayor, I can't and won't go into details right now but there's no doubt the entire department is getting screwed because the current mayor is an overzealous prick. I honestly can't describe him any other way. He has to micromanage every single little things with the city, including the police, when the chief resisted, the mayor declared political war on the police. Of course me being an ardent supporter of law enforcement and my interest in politics, I managed to insert myself into this dust up. I ca n't tell you how upset I am over the treatment of the former police chief and one of his now retired lieutenants. It's weighing heavily on the entire department, every move they make under scrutiny because of a mayor intoxicated with his own power. The problem is this isn't the first time the mayor has injected himself into somewhere he doesn't belong.Being Cape May is a small town, all of this is buzzing arou faster than Flight of the Bumblebee! I could go into details but I more than likely make a major mistake and want this post to be as factual as possible! The retired lieutenant was burned and burned bad, he needed to do something. The current mayor has a history of overstepping his boundaries and the only way to stop him is to get him out of office! So my friend the lieutenant has decided to challenge the current mayor this November. This fellow has the will, desire and drive to bring honor back into the Cape May Mayor's Office. He needs a tech-savvy person to show him what happens when politics and the digital world intersect.. Take one part my interest in politics, my computer skills and my need to find a niche in my new hometown, I was drafted for the position! Now i'm assisting with Facebook updates, trying to explain twitter and getting a man into the position I feel only he can fill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Grandma in Florida

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Mom Poem