Loggins and Messina revisited

Loggins and Messina are playing at Radio City Music Hall tonight. If a cute girl about 23 reads this, has a car and no boyfriend, call me.........my number is "easily accessible" on the net! Alright fat chance on all three happening within seven hours, but can't a guy dream. I can honestly say I grew up with Loggins and Messsina because my folks played their music all the time.' At the time I didn't know that Loggins was actually Kenny Loggins, who I have loved ever since I can remember... For those who don't know the story behind "Danny's Song" basically Loggins wrote it for his brother Danny and his wife who had a baby. Danny wrote a heatfelt letter to Kenny and in turn Kenny wrote his song, Danny's Song. Years later a girl I knew in high school had the tape of Loggins and Messina's Greatest Hits in it. She played to song one night when we were going out. When I opened the cover I read the story behind the song, I immediate wrote my own feeligns. That was over eight years ago. I have since revised the writing a few times. However I wanted to share the original version, thank God I never throw anything I wrote away. As an introduction I am including what Loggins wrote about the song

From Kenny Loggins: Traditionally when someone has a child, you gift them a gift. This song was a gift to my brother Dan and his wife Shelia for the birth of their son. Just after Colin was born, Dan had written a letter to me filled with his emotions and hopes. I took some of his feelings and words, added some of my -own and returned them to him in song. K.

From "Living with a Disabilty" dated July, 28th,1997
I will always live a middle of the road life. Don't want that much money, just want to- be happy. Used to think money bought happines, it doesn't. That's why I want [to get] out of this area. It just is all based on who has got a better house or who's CEO of what company. Give me a wife who loves me, a few kids and a good job doing special effects and I'lll be happy. I have all the luxeries I ever want right now, an old American classic car would be nice, but then thaqt's it.; Having more money then you need to live comfortabll to me can destroy a family. I can live with what I have now, I just need a person t o love me the way I need to be loved. I) have learned taking things for granted can kill dream in a heartbeat. So be careful with what you have, always treasure it...... JM

Comments

Unknown said…
First off, may I say that Sittin' In is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE ALBUMS!!!
Secondly, I think you have a good attitude regarding what you want out of life. I don't think you need to GET OUT of the area, but I will admit, living in Bergen County NJ and feeling the way you (and I) feel, well, it gets frustrating. Also, I think that with your personality, you could have all the money in the world and still be down to earth! Thanks Justin!!

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Grandma in Florida

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Mom Poem