The disgrace of victims

I am now watching the testimony of the evacuees on C-SPAN and it went from a diginified dialogue about what they went through to a sloppy assualt on t he Ferderal government. Too be fair one of the panelists had enough brains to allow just enough of his emotions to show, without allowing them to cloud his judgement. All of the Congresspeople on the panel have been resspectful and let the folks speak their mind. It is understandable the evacuees are upset and I'm not saying the government did a good job, they fail and failed miserablely.
However they lose my sympathy when they say they were gathered and put into "concitration camps". HOW DARE THEY? It is offensive to REAL victims of the Holucast and they need to shut the fuck up! I have been discriminated against all throughout my life, just as much if not more than they have and I haven't once compared the people who have done bad things to me Nazis. This is a disgrace and the American public are getting angry!
These people to me took their pain and turned it into unproductive rheotic without considering the reactions of people who are trying to help them.
I don't believe the woman who said her grandson haad a gun pointed at him mainly because she came off an as emotional wreck. :When questioned whether if it was National Gaurd or local police, she didn't know. She made it seem like the government ordered the National Gaurd to shoot people o-n site. I wonder if the gun was just pointed down and it looked like it was pointed at her grandson
Police and national gaurd are human too, yet everyone expects them to be these nice gentle people who only get angry at the "bad guys"! Imagine being up for days at a time, worrying about their own families while controlling a city like New Orleans in a disasters llike Hurricanes Rita and Katrina. I know I couldn't handle it and I bet the people testifying today wouldn't fare any better! While it is totally understandable why most of the Black people don't trust any kind of authority, I think, they use this way too often. It is like a out of control version of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" You could see the exxpressions on the Committees faces, if I were on the panel, I would have said wwhile I understand your plight, you have to realize the police have lost pretty much everything too!
I only heard a few jabs at Mayor Nagin and Governor Blanco, while President Bush got most of the critism, as usual, as he shoul-d. I was disgusted when I heard the racism over and over again, it was like a bad broken record. They have to- learn not to assume every bad thing isn't about race. You know if I were them I would stop trying to place blame on everyone else and start taking some respionsibility on their own!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Grandma in Florida

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Twenty Seven years later