Storm damage 3/13/10-3/15/10 Part 1

I sent this e-mail to a couple of OEM CONTACTS this past Saturday. I want to divide this up into two parts because the police scanning aspect is also very first storm using the Uniden 396T.
I am submitting this report via my aunt's house in Park Ridge because Woodcliff Lake is still without power.The power went out sometime between 5:00-8:30 because I was out for dinner, it was my brother's and my birthdays and getting home from Allendale was a challenge. We had many detours and passed huge limbs coming home. We we detoured from Glen Road onto Spring Valley going into Park Ridge. What should have been a 15 minute drive took over an hour. We go home to find out we were without power. We have been boling our water and using the woodburning stove. Damagewise our neighbor up the street had a huge tree li mb come down blocking the upper part of Glen Road and was still blocked as of 4:00 today. I read in the paper we might be without power until Tuesday. I hope that isn't the case. I geuss I 'll be celebrating my actual birthday out somewhere other than home!!
Fire Dept has been pumping out basements since last night and I heard a couple of ambulance transports.. On the way over to Park Ridge I saw tree limbs cut up along the side of the road. The wind gusts were bad last night and have since died down. Hearing all kinds of reports over the radio
That's all from Park Ridge. Hope everyone stays dry and thing get back to normal before long. I am posting this on my blog as well as maybe some pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part I

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part III