Super Superbowl

Even though I was rooting for t he 49ers, stroke of luck had it I got a chunk of the pool for the second year in a row. My trip  to the ,Cornerstone this week is covered and then some. This year my folks decided to host a Super Bowl party instead of visiting family or friends. At first I was looking to go  out eithrer to a friend's house or down to the Cornerstone however when  money for a pool started changing hands I decided to stick aro und, and I'm glad I did. Not only did I win part of the house poll  I was witness \to some antics I shall not repeat on this blog but suffice to say there wasn't a dull moment befoore, during or after the game.

Everybody agreed the commercials were not up to par with one exception, the Budweiser clidsdales commercial was I viewed online prior to the festivities. I was extremely disappointed I didn't see  actually it on TV during the actual game. The  commercial stars a newborn horse which grows a bond  with the farmer. The farmer reluctantly gives   the grown horse to Bud and doe sn't see it for a few years. When he finds out nthe horse is going to be back in town he decides to go visit the steed. It was a tearful reunion set  to the Fleetwood Mac song "Landslide" which made it even more emotional. I  just looked it up on Yahoo and their critique is Superbowl commercials are supposed to make you laugh, not cry. Alt hough Budweiser pulled a similar stunt for the 2002 Superbowl

 The biggest goof was definitely the power outage at the Superdome, looks like it wasn't too "super". The conspiracy theories flew around the Internet. Every theory from terrorism to underhanded tactics by both sides was being tosse around more than the football. The commentators were  having just as much fun keeping the TV viewers entertained as they were calling the plays on the frield.

Finally I would like to tip my hat to the Harbaugh brothers. Sure this NFL brotherly rivalary has been the centerpiece of the entire game, but from where I can see both John and his younger brother Jim coached the game with class and dignity.Congrats to the Baltimore Ravens for an amazing win


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Grandma in Florida

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Twenty Seven years later