Passing of Joseph A Higgins, Jr. KC2LCX


 This is the e-mail I sent out to the bcraces Yahoogroup about Joe Higgins. I don't want to repeat myself but I will say I will always remember Joe for his radio knowledge and his dedicate to OEM and the fire department.

It is with deep regret I announce the passing of Joseph A. Higgins, Jr., KC2LCX, the former OEM Coordinator and former Fire Chief of Woodcliff Lake, NJ. Joe died early  Saturday morning after a long illness. Besides being a fire chief and OEM coordinator, he was a former chief of New Jersey Search and Rescue as well as an active member of New Jersey Elder Law Association and taught religious classes at Our Lady Mother of the Church here in Woodcliff Lake. His wife Josephine is active in the Tri-Boro Ambulance Corps. and is a former Councilwoman and  Mayor of Woodcliff Lake. On a personal note, Joe was not only a mentor, but a true friend whom I've known for over twenty-five years. I went to school with his son Michael. You always knew Joe was coming down the road by his white Jeep with antennas sticking out all over. In 2000 he appointed me Woodcliff Lake's first RACES Officer and I've had the pleasure of serving with him. I will always remember the conversations we had while driving to NJEMA dinners in Spotswood and conferences in Atlantic City.
Justin Mattes,KC2GIK
Woodcliff Lake RACES Officer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Grandma in Florida

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Mom Poem