2 Months of writing

After taking September off to collect my thoughts and really focus  on getting my head straight, I figured October should bring some decent writing......I wasn't disappointed. It  started with the trip  out to Hershey, like I have been doing with the Field Dayarticles, I decided to spruce up the journal entry on here and submit it to the Frog Holl Tag Trader edited by Lynda Walker. Hopefully that will appear in their December issue.
Secodly, and more of a political tone, just in time for the elections, I was writing in defense of former  Councilwoman Joanne Howely, who in my opinion really got smeared for minor problems.While in the end she wasn't exactly innocent, I felt she needed to know someone out  there supported her. I also found ir was a way to keep my batting average  up! It also proved to add to my popularity in town, in good and bad ways!
Third and definitely the most rewarding from a writing standpoint, after a couple years absence I composed three new poems. The first is something new I started toying around with when my nephew, Zander had his blessing back in May. Chris and Natalie wanted me to write a poem Natalie's sister Sabrina could read it. Usuallyh I write poems when people I care about pass away, it's my way of mourning. I tried something new to celebrate a birth. The name of a new born is the second gift they recieve, the first obviously being thegift of life. So I typed ZANDER BRUCE MATTES on the screen. Then I typed it vertically and came up with some advicce for him!! Mom suggested we buy some baby paper to print the poem on and frame it. We framed two copies, one to give Chris and Natalie, one for my mom. A few months later my friends George and Carol Fusco welcomed baby Goergia so I decided to see if lighthning can strike twice and it did!
Unlike over the summer when I questioned if I would ever write again (well not really, just seemed like a long time), this fall joyous and sad events in my life have provided plenty of material.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part I

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part III