Blaming others is the utmost act of intolerance

The news about theshooting of Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords is racing across TV screens and plastering the front pages of every front page in the US, if not the world.  I share the grief of all those who have been touched in some way.
It's   even more heartbreaking to learn that 9 year old Christina-Taylor Green was also tradgically killed. Green, born September 11th, 2001, was from what I see as the true "American Girl".  She was very patriotic, loved baseball (America's favorite past time) and will surely be missed by family and friends.


It  bothers me that people have again turned tragvedy int a fierce p;olitical debate. From Keith Olbermann suggesting placing picture of Giffords with crosshairs on Sarah Palin's website gave the shooter the idea to suggestions the Tea Party endorsed the shootmakes me mad. Case in point take my comment on Facebook: "The Arizona shooter is a self-described 'left-wing pothead, yet the media is pointing fingers at the Tea Party.....extremely sad state of affairs". That triggered reactions f rom my  friends, comments like "where does the "self described wing pothead" come in? I read them all, I think, I've other things to do, but... JAY when Tea Partiers started proudly toting guns at rallies and such, doesn't that imply something?"
Now I have been thinking about that reelpy all day made by a close friend and can  honestly see where she's coming from. I completely disagree and probablly will never make her see my point of view however I'm not here to pursade anyone's minds. Howeverf I have to ask myself why in  the world me bashing the media makes someone react in such a matter.
My comments where more about the reaction to this  h-orrible event rather than the event itself.  I never woul-ds comment about the actual events so lightly. There's' a problem with my reactions to those who responded, I never learn not to always shoot from the hip. It was an overraction on other people's comments.However this is in itself is proof the media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part I

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Delaware to Florida by County