Featured Post

Charlie Campbell Tribute

  It has been a whirlwind few weeks. One  father's friends from high school passed away earlier and we made an expected trip down to Murrells Inlet for the celebration of life. They have kept in touch over the years. Charlie moved around a lot during his eighty plus year his roots remained n Allendale, NJ! He and his wife Bev were a fixture a t DeeDee and Anth ony's Fourth of July Parties. I   know their kids,John and Annie.Charlie also had to sons from a previous marriage and it was recently discovered he has another daughter. Charlie was the CEO of several companies, like Floor Shine shoes and Munsingwear, a golf clothing company.  The family moved around a lot from  Allendale,NJ to  Connecticut to Minnesota before finally  settling in Murrells Inlet SC, founding the Dead Dog Saloon, a fixture on the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk, he later built the Claw House next door. Ironically Charlie and Bev brought a second house in Cape May which meant I spen...

JM gets iPhone


After year of getting teased about having what was incorrectly always referredto as a "flip-phone", I leaped into the 21st century and got an iPhone 6S. Yes it's a double whammy because I am well-known for my anti-Apple  views on a number of levels. Maybe I'll come around some day. The hardest thing to do was setting up all my account s where I needed to- enter passwords which are a lot easier to enter on a laptop than a cellphone. My neck is still hurting from bending down and typing on the tiny keyboard. Although people remarked that my older phone had a smaller keyboard. Still trying the justify the reasoning behind it. One of the most amusing new habits I have is asking people for their wifi passwords. Although I am not  bashful about [just handing them my phone and asking them to type it in for me

People say their phones are their computers, they do everything with them. From e-mail to eBay it seems they/'re not finding use for laptops or tablets, not me. I knew I could never say goodbye to a traditional laptop, I rely too  much on it. Downsizing to just a phone is not even a consideration at any point in time, especially with writing. Can you imagine me updating this blog or my website with just a smart phone? I didn't even put my main email on it  because I knew typing entire e-mails would be a disaster in the making. Although I have a Gmail accoubnt I+ will use for mobile e-mail and even labeled it "Mobile E-mail" on my website which is designed for short answers like a text. It will take some playing around, but I'll figure it out.

 This past weekend was the Cape May Jazz Festival so of course I snapped some pretty decent pictures. I tried with the regular camera and had better luck with the Iphone. With a little editing with Google Photos it's turning out to be a great new hobby!!


The camera phone is a definite plus. I had a camera on the cheaper phone but this camera is better. I have been shooting away, which puts me on par with most folks my age!!!  It;s still a work in progress and I don't think perfection!!

I have also downloaded the weather and radio apps whic I haven't fully explored yet because I am paranoid about data usage and paying for apps, yes I am THAT cheap!!!!!  Plus I+ rather see the numbers scrolling across the scanner screen more than anything else. Call me old fashioned but I actually think some online feeds are destroying the hobby!!!

As I use it more I find the phone has been a good thing!! I am no longer in the dark ages of technology!! You still won't catch me being a Mac computer though!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Bob Dylan blows into town

2025 New Year's Note