JM gets iPhone


After year of getting teased about having what was incorrectly always referredto as a "flip-phone", I leaped into the 21st century and got an iPhone 6S. Yes it's a double whammy because I am well-known for my anti-Apple  views on a number of levels. Maybe I'll come around some day. The hardest thing to do was setting up all my account s where I needed to- enter passwords which are a lot easier to enter on a laptop than a cellphone. My neck is still hurting from bending down and typing on the tiny keyboard. Although people remarked that my older phone had a smaller keyboard. Still trying the justify the reasoning behind it. One of the most amusing new habits I have is asking people for their wifi passwords. Although I am not  bashful about [just handing them my phone and asking them to type it in for me

People say their phones are their computers, they do everything with them. From e-mail to eBay it seems they/'re not finding use for laptops or tablets, not me. I knew I could never say goodbye to a traditional laptop, I rely too  much on it. Downsizing to just a phone is not even a consideration at any point in time, especially with writing. Can you imagine me updating this blog or my website with just a smart phone? I didn't even put my main email on it  because I knew typing entire e-mails would be a disaster in the making. Although I have a Gmail accoubnt I+ will use for mobile e-mail and even labeled it "Mobile E-mail" on my website which is designed for short answers like a text. It will take some playing around, but I'll figure it out.

 This past weekend was the Cape May Jazz Festival so of course I snapped some pretty decent pictures. I tried with the regular camera and had better luck with the Iphone. With a little editing with Google Photos it's turning out to be a great new hobby!!


The camera phone is a definite plus. I had a camera on the cheaper phone but this camera is better. I have been shooting away, which puts me on par with most folks my age!!!  It;s still a work in progress and I don't think perfection!!

I have also downloaded the weather and radio apps whic I haven't fully explored yet because I am paranoid about data usage and paying for apps, yes I am THAT cheap!!!!!  Plus I+ rather see the numbers scrolling across the scanner screen more than anything else. Call me old fashioned but I actually think some online feeds are destroying the hobby!!!

As I use it more I find the phone has been a good thing!! I am no longer in the dark ages of technology!! You still won't catch me being a Mac computer though!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Grandma in Florida

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Mom Poem