Tiger Woods Sets the tone



My dad loves golf, he plays, watches it, breathes it, and  while I don't share his obsession, I enjoy the game. I know the Masters is played every April, I can name about 20 players on the tour. Last week my niece, nephew, my folks and I played at one of Cape May's finest courses, mini-golf courses. So I was more than in-tuned to Tiger's return  to the game after some physical and personal troubles. He played a remarkable round for what he has been through and is back on track to become one of the greatest golfers. He brought the game to the attention of young people, especially minorities. It's safe to say Tiger has more than made his mark on the game of golf This won' t be a Tiger "lovefest" but I want to show my support of what he did two  Sundays ago

At the post-round interview Tiger Woods fielded the usual questions about his game a reporter asked about his feelings toward the Commander-in-Chief. Now Tiger has had dozens of interviews and been asked questions besides golf and has answered them pretty squarely. Wood's response was not only dignified, it was smart. We all should respect the Office of the President, which is what Woods reminded all of us. He  knew the question was designed to  trick him into  bashing President Trump and his policies.  I think what's happening is the media is trying to use absolutely anything as a club to beat Trump, Woods would rather use his driver on the golf course. I think in the age of "everyone has an opinion"  and the "24-hour news cycle", people were just shocked a celebrity didn't want to share his opinion. He was actually bashed by so-called "sports-reporters" for avoiding the question. Really? I think he handled the question perfectly and to be honest showed more respect for the reporter than the reporter showed him.

There were golfing legends like Jack Nicklaus who sprung to  Wood's defense. Fellow golfers who are professional rivals, have also come out in support of what he did. Lots of golfing professionals have played golf with  politicians of BOTH political parties without revealing where the stood on political issues.    It should be noted Woods has played with President Trump and former Presidents Obama and Clinton. They might have discussed the general state of the union, but more than likely kept the conversations light

People complain that President Trump often bashes the press and they aren/t used, to this amount of push back. There's a huge difference between bashing and attacking. To me attacking means you're trying to stop them, I want an example of when Trump tried to stop the press. He's fought back forcefully, and it my opinion, he's been somewhat justified. The press is suppose to be a check on government, however in President Trump's case, they trying to take him down. They have tried ever since he announced he was running for the Presidency. Whether Woods supports him or not, he certainly has a right not to comment just as anyone else has the right  to comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part I

Delaware to Florida by County

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C