Different Field Day Fingerings

 



The Cape May County Amateur Radio Club operated from the grounds of the Cape May County Airport Complex which the EOC/ County Dispatch Center as well as the airport .Kind of cool plane spotting while playing with radios, two of my favorite hobbies ! I quickly found out there wasn't a PSK-31 station setup, only FT-8 and they had that covered so I wandered around aimlessly looking for some way to help. I noticed people were logging After wandering around I finally found the club's Vice President, Joel N3HRK, struggling to enter contacts. He was writing contacts on a notepad only to type them into the logging program in between contacts. After a few minutes of observing this process my archiving skills kicked in, I slid the laptop over and just started typing. Joel still was writing callsigns and exchange information down, but I was logging contacts. Every now and then he'd look over at my work and just smile. I wish I could say we logged over 100's QSO's in an hour, I wish I could say we logged 2000. I wish I could have said I "operated", but in the end it doesn't matter. Joel and I were a TEAM yesterday, THAT made me feel good! I was a co-pilot and witnessed nothing short of a perfect flight from the time I sat down at the laptop until I saw my dad walking up to the tent telling me I had to come home. As I walked to the car I heard Joel say, nice working with you, let's do it again next year. I went to Field Day this year doubting whether I'd be just in the way. I came home feeling like I helped the club. I can't wait for next year

I hope you had a great Field Day as well

Best 73's

n*********************************
Justin Mattes,KC2GIK
http://www.justinmattes.com
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part III

Mom Poem

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part I