Poem about "her"

 Well since the website is still down I manage to write a poem about let's just call it "an online relationship". Which is why I will not say her name. Definitely had it's bumps, although she and I our finding our way. I'm a bit anxious to skip a couple of steps but not rush her too much. It's definitely a learning experience for the both of us but we're finding our way together which is what couples do. I have been reserved and my friends have warned me not to do anything I regret, like going too fast. Ok I admit we'll both a little comprehensive and that's because we're doing this together. It's also reignited some of my writing creativity. I wrote the poem below for her, of course she loved it. We'll see how this progresses but this is definitely a long time coming


When you cry all I want to do is wipe your tears
When you are scared all I want to rid you of fear
When you laugh all it want to do is capture the sound'

When you talk to me you lift me off the ground


When you smile it lights up  my entire day
When you leave all I want is for you to stay


                                                             -J.Mattes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part III

Mom Poem

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part I