Remembering Grandma in Florida

My dad and I are in Florida for the month of March because the wnters in Cape May are horrible. I also can't stand dad complaining about the wind up there 24/7. So a few years ago my mom started looking at places to rent or even eventuall buy. We were down here during the very beginning of COVID so while we flew down, we drove back. Later it was  determined we would drive down, something my father always wanted to do. So this year my father was determined so with a lot of planning (not really) he mapped out a three  day road  trip fro, Cape May down to West Palm Beach. We took the ferry .over to Delaware and proceeded down to an overnight in North Carolina and another somewhere in Georgia. I managed to pick up seven new counties in Georgia and North Carolina. No bad if you ask me

By now you're wondering what this has to do with my Grandma. Well when my grandparent got older they bought a house in Naples, Florida.   They beccame snow birds, just like most people in their seventies. After visiting them every Sunday for di nWe only visited them twice but one of the times was the week of my birthday, which is ten days after we celebrate grandma. I remember the trip very well because I just graduated Cittone computer school a few months prior. It was something of a shock to see my mom pull my younger  brother Peter out of school, however we did it. My dad was more accepting back then. An added bonus what my great Aunt Millie and my uncles were also visiting, so it really was a full house, my grandpa was thrilled. 

One of the days we visited the Naples  Beach Club for a drink. I got to toast my grandmother with a pina coloda. The evenig was perfect, sun setting on thee water and music playing. In the middle of everything Sailing by Christopher Cross came on and I disinctly remember looking over  at my grandmother and great aunt to see two sisters sharing a life time of memories. I can still hear their laughter and picture their faces.This was prior to anyone having smart phones unfortunately the only pictures I have are in my head, However  I can assure you I can picture  the evening perfectly. My other family members were chatting and I remember  It wasn't only a birthday present for my grandma by for me as well. 

So my dad and I are down here again in the month of March, while we're going to have a few visitors, my uncle is coming ldown this weekend and _Peter and Sue will be down over our birthday in eith days, I'm thinking about my Grandma. She's celebrating with Grandpa, her sisters and my mom. I wish I  could see her face one more time!! Happy Birthday Grandma!@!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part I

Delaware to Florida by County

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C