Dolly Parton Tribute
Like so many others, I jumped social media as soon as I heard country legend Dolly Parton passed away yesterday, August 25,2026 at age 80. It doesn't take a die-hard country fan to appreciate Dolly Parton's contribution not only to music, but her d evotion to childhood literacy through her Dollywood Foundation started in 1988 and later Imagination Library in 2005 in honor of her late father who couldn't read or write . According to Wikipedia, "The program mails one book per month to each enrolled child from the time of their birth until they enter kindergarten. To date over 1,600 libraries in the US, Canada, and Ireland " She donated over 250 million books and the program is still going strong worldwide. Dolly made reading fun Here is a picture of the letter she sent to each child along with :
Her generosity didn't stop at children's book. Dolly contributed money to disaster relief organizations after the massive floods in Tennessee!
You have to watch every second of this to fully appreciate it. Genuinely one of the best tributes to Dolly Parton ever. This cover of John Denver's "Country Roads" was produced for the CMA's 50th Anniversary. Dolly is featured pic.twitter.com/veNNNTKiB9
There may be some confusion here, but this isn’t AI. It was made for the CMA’s 50th anniversary and is one of those videos I go back to a few times a year.I’d describe it as a mashup that uses a fair amount of green screen for the video.— Stu Smith (@thestustustudio) August 26, 2026
Comments