Featured Post

Charlie Campbell Tribute

  It has been a whirlwind few weeks. One  father's friends from high school passed away earlier and we made an expected trip down to Murrells Inlet for the celebration of life. They have kept in touch over the years. Charlie moved around a lot during his eighty plus year his roots remained n Allendale, NJ! He and his wife Bev were a fixture a t DeeDee and Anth ony's Fourth of July Parties. I   know their kids,John and Annie.Charlie also had to sons from a previous marriage and it was recently discovered he has another daughter. Charlie was the CEO of several companies, like Floor Shine shoes and Munsingwear, a golf clothing company.  The family moved around a lot from  Allendale,NJ to  Connecticut to Minnesota before finally  settling in Murrells Inlet SC, founding the Dead Dog Saloon, a fixture on the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk, he later built the Claw House next door. Ironically Charlie and Bev brought a second house in Cape May which meant I spen...

A grown-up Birthday party

OK so birthdays have always been a bit bitter sweet for the old Jayman, bu t there have been some highlights. I'll start with this one because it was a "guy birthday", meaning all my guys friends took me out to Hooters over there in Paramus for beers and wings. I picked it for the girls but my birthdays have been known to have a hint of nostalgia behind them. My grandfather built the Howard Johnson's resturant that now houses Hooters, s ee I'm n ot quite turning into a "dirty old man". I wish I had in in the original resturant, bu t this was better"!' I was surrounded by three friends, my brother, his friends and plenty of "eye-candy". My dinner was a "JMclassic", it only consisted of buffalo wings and ice cold beer. For those out there wh o know me, yo-u know how much I love my buffalo wings! I am not a big beer fan, give me my "Jack
Daniels" any day. However with a batch of spicy hot chicken wings, give me a BUD an yday!! So there I was just sitting there enjoying the company and thinking about Grandpa smiling down from above. I didn't get so drunk where I stumbled and fell,'but just drunk enough to ease the pain in these twenty-eight year old bones at least for a little while. The best part was I as with true friends and one borther, I wish it was two, but hey you k can't haved it all The birthday ranked just below the one a few years in Florida! To top it off " Sweet Home Alabama" came on the jukebox, I sweaer it wasa sign from above. My dinner was a "JMclassic", it only consisted of buffalo wings and ice cold beer. For those out there who know me, yo-u know how much I love my buffalo wings! I am not a big beer fan, give me my "Jack
Daniels" any day. However with a batch of spicy hot chicken wings, give me a BUD an yday!! So there I was just sitting there enjoying the company and thinking about Grandpa smiling down from above. I didn't get so drunk where I stumbled and fell,'but just drunk enough to ease the pain in these twenty-eight year old bones at least for a little while.
The birthday ranked just below the one a few years in Florida! To top it off " Sweet Home Alabama" came on the jukebox, I swear it was sign from above. EveryEverytime I heard that song I think about family and good friends. I was in the company of who I would consider extended family. Sean being the older brother I never had, Jeff and Brian being the younger brothers that sometimes drive me nuts but would take a bullet for me. Of course my brother Pete who despit all his bitching and moaning manages to show me a g ood time whenever he can.You can say it was a birthday not only to rememberm but worth writing abour. birthdays have always been a bit bitter sweet for the old Jayman, bu t there have been some highlights. I'll start with this one because it was a "guy birthday", meaning all my guys friends took me out to Hooters over there in Paramus for beers and wings. I picked it for the girls but my birthdays have been known to have a hint of nostalgia behind them. My grandfather built the Howard Johnson's resturant that now houses Hooteres, s ee I'm n ot quite turning into a "dirty old man". I wish I had in in the original resturant, bu t this was better"!' I was surrounded by three friends, my brother, his friend and plenty of "eye-candy" to dream about. I come home ands climb the stairs to my room and a king size Hershey bar from mom and dad is sitting on my desk waiting for me. So it's a bit corny to write about my birthday; but you want to know something, I'm getting too old to really care!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Bob Dylan blows into town

2025 New Year's Note