No SASE required

Alright if you're a ham you know the deal with QSLing. Usually the deal is when you make a contact eac h ham sends out a QSL card, paying the postage and everyone is happy. There's no better way to end a contact than to recieve an envelope in the ma il with your callsign on the front. It is a thrill that never get old, at least to me. It's not really a secret that for me qsling is a bit tricky, just like everything else physical in my life. I have to carefully load the evenlope into the printer lining it up just right while hoping it doesn't get jammed. Sometimes when printing the QSL itself the p=aper gets stuck. Also because the printer is downstair, my broke awhile ago I deal with my dad ask "What are you doing down here?" or don't mess anything up! So when individual hams say they require a SASE I really frown becaus the extra hassle is worth much more than a postage stamp. It also occurs to me some hams are just plain lazy many that do require a SASE also tend leave out a piece of information like the full frequency, NOBODY transmits on plain old 7 MHz!
The one exception to the SASE rule is of course when contacting special event stations. I fully support them requiring SASE and do send those out ethusiastically! Although again the effort is still the ssame for me anyway. Even worse is when the special event stations don't reply EVEN WITH A SASES. I worked a Special Event station out of West Virginia over a year ago, I sent them a SASE THE DAY AFTER the event and still no reply. I checked and the QSL manager doesn't have an e-mail. Now I can careless about the cost of the stamp, but I still need West Virginia confirmed on 20 meters! Is that fair??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part I

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part III