A preview of Election Day

Question to the group: Are you tired of all t he election day coverage already? The good thing is it's finally over. Now I'm not trying to minimize the importance of this election, it is indeed extremely crucial. However if you haven't made up your mind, I appreciate your position, as a matter of fact I am one of you. In this campaign I always said I could never vote for Fred Thompson, Mitt Romney, Hillary Clinton or Dennis Kusinich. I couldn't vote for them because not matter what they said, no matter how m uch they smiled, I couldn't trust them on one general issue......NONE OF THEM could bring the country together! They couldn't do it!
I was already to vote for Obama if Thomspson Romeny or any other Republican was nominated. At first glimpse he brought hope, new ideas, and supposedly a "new form" of politics. Obama seemed he really could unite the country and his handful of endorsements from some high prof ile Republicans made him seem viable. Obama did inspire me like many other people and I) was ready to vote for him......until all these associations came out. I could handle Rev. Wright, but the Bill Ayers thing bother me and it still bothers me. It bother me when people want to bomb our government, because, no matter what ANYONE SAYS we ARE A fair country. That alone brought Obama's stock down in my book. I still respect him, but I am not 100 % behind him.
Onto McCain, I like McCain, I always liked him, he's a hero. I have admired his willingness to go with his gut, and take the heat. When he announced he was running again I the experience and the insight to be a great leader. I also felt bad and still feel bad fo r him because he has been unfairly linked to George Bush. My answer to people saying he voted with President Bush 95% of the time was the fact of the matter is about 40% of the issues McCain sided with Bush, that was merely ceremonial and the Democrats voted that way too. McCain has been an outspoken critic of Bush since Bush go into office. So voting 95% of the time with Bush doesn't cut it with me. I just w ish he voted against the CAPS! Nobody's perfect.
There has been a lot of focus on Gov. Sarah Palin. It's a bit ironic that the VP canidate has just as much weight as the person at the top of the ticket. My good friend Marilyn Arons says Sarah Palin scares her, I am not that dramatic. The thing about Sarah Palin isd she says she would be an advocate for people with disabilities, I have yet to hear specifics, that scares me.
Finally let's take a look at Congress, now I'm sorry to say my district has two of the most pathetic Canidates I have ever seen.......Scott Garrett vs Dennis Schulmann. Big business's best friend versus someone who supports Hamas. Not exactly a choice. I am going for a third party in that category in protest!
My feeling was always one of balance. What scares me more than Sarah Palin is one party dominating all forms of government. The Democrats have had control of both houses for two years and have nothing to show for it. Yeah they can blame Bush, but I don't recall him vetoing anything major.
I will more than likely post a post-election review sometime Wenesday or Thursday!
Say tuned!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part I

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part III