Charlie Campbell Tribute
It has been a whirlwind few weeks. One father's friends from high school passed away earlier and we made an expected trip down to Murrells Inlet for the celebration of life. They have kept in touch over the years. Charlie moved around a lot during his eighty plus year his roots remained n Allendale, NJ! He and his wife Bev were a fixture a t DeeDee and Anth ony's Fourth of July Parties. I know their kids,John and Annie.Charlie also had to sons from a previous marriage and it was recently discovered he has another daughter. Charlie was the CEO of several companies, like Floor Shine shoes and Munsingwear, a golf clothing company. The family moved around a lot from Allendale,NJ to Connecticut to Minnesota before finally settling in Murrells Inlet SC, founding the Dead Dog Saloon, a fixture on the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk, he later built the Claw House next door. Ironically Charlie and Bev brought a second house in Cape May which meant I spen...
Comments
Kurt, Brandon and I will leave here about 4:00 p.m. to come to New Jersey to pick you up. We are all looking forward to your visit tomorrow for Diversity Day. Thank you for being so open and candid with your personal recollections and your feelings about our event. You continue to inspire us all and I know the message about it's not what's on the outside, it's what on the inside that counts will really ring true tomorrow with your story and dialogue with our 5th grade students at BES. See ya soon buddy!!
Tim, Kurt, & Brandon
I'm a mother of a Branchville second grade student and a volunteer for Diversity Day. I would just like to welcome you in advance and let you know how excited we(parents, staff & students) are about your visit to BES. I look forward to meeting you tomorrow!
Best,
Molly Hirsch
I am a Branchville mom and a volunteer at tomorrow's Diversity Day. Thank you so much for making the trip. We are all very excited and grateful.
Christine Vitat
We are looking forward to meeting you! We have certainly been inspired by your story and we look forward to our time with you tomorrow.
Thank you for being part of this special day.
Best,
Beth Butler
2nd grade parent
I will be manning one of the stations tomorrow and am really looking forward to meeting you in person. I have been reading your blog, but this is actually my first try writing on one. I am hesitant about using networking tools, but you inspired me to try it.
I admire your courage and your honesty. Your visit will surely enrich this experience.
Thank you for sharing your time with us.
Melissa Brady
Thanks for all your time and effort.Looking forward to meet you tomorrow at the speech station.
Aarti Paranjape
take care,
sheila
I am a grandmother of a fifth grade student and a volunteer tomorrow. Thank you so much. Welcome, we are all so excited.
Karen Danziger
Welcome to Branchville! I am the mother of both a fifth grader and a second grader at Branchville. They are both really looking forward to Diversity Day, and to meeting you. My daughter feels "it will be really cool to have a visitor share his personal experiences for Diversity Day!" I will be manning one of the stations tomorrow. It will be wonderful meeting you. Thank you for sharing and inspiring.
I'm Megan and I'm one of the students in Mr. LeFebvre's 5 grade class. We are very happy that you are coming to talk to us, we all have a lot of questions. Don't be nervous because we are all just easy going and excited to meet you. I just want to thank you for taking the time to see us. This is going to be a great experience. See you soon!
Megan Hoban
Branchville Elm 5-L
Thanks for making the trip and making our Diversity Day so special. See you at the Gross Motor Skills station around 10 o'clock!
Robin Brown
I am a Branchville mom and have helped at Diversity Day for several years. Thank you so much for making the trip to Connecticut to share yourself with the 5th graders. Your personality shines through your blog and I'm sure the kids will connect with you immediately. Thank you for adding a special, personal element to this year's Diversity Day!
All the best,
Meredith Anderson