Google redeems itself thanks to Les Paul

A few months back I blasted Google because they had the Pacman game running on their  search engine to celebrate the 40th Anniversary. It drove everyone using Firefox nuts because even if you  weren't on Google it still fed into Firefox, Pacman sound and all. I figured this out after uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox a few  timesI did a search and found that day on Yahoo the top search phrase was "how to get rid of the Pacman noise. It made a number of technology blogs, and because I sacraficed a mouse, I put my two cents in as well. Hey it was perfect writing material once  I figured out what was going on. The only way to get rid of the sound was to  disable the  Google search engine inFirefox. Once I did that the sound was gone. I have since updated Firefox and the  Google searchb is back in there, I'm leaving it alone.......for now.
Today would have been guitar hero Les Paul's  95th birthday and in is honor Google has a playable electric guitar on it's homepage. You roll your mouse over the strings and it playys notes. There's a record button where the site plays back your compistion. It's a nice little touch, es pecially because you control the sound and it's not constant!!  You have to wonder if guitar players likeJeff Baxter, Jeff Beck even Eric Clapton are surfing  over to Google to play a few chords.

Happy Birthday Les Paul!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part I

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part III