Don't discuss EVERYTHING

A few months ago I wrote about how I am a big Billy Joel fan and have joined a Facebook group called Billy Joel Retold for Billy Joel fans. Now I think saying I'm a huge fan isn't completely true bec ause I haveen't been to a concert YET, but that's not because of lack of trying.  I joined the page because I actually wanted to learn what other people feel about his music. On the whole it's a very cool group and I even chatted with his former drummer, Liberty Devitto, a few times. However I find mysef not getting involved in most of the discussions because they just don't seem too interesting. The topics seem to get stale very quickly and I have Writing that  in itself would make s ome people in the group  cringer, even go as far as calling me a troll. The thing of it is, I just like Billy Joel's music, that's it. I also have read a lot of his lyrics a nd studied them basically because people forget musicians who write their own lyrics are indeed poets at heart, even when they won't admit it
One thing I know is I said it doesn't matter now I'm accused of "not being a Billy Joel Fan".. Not that this statement  does anything to me but I have to wonder if I'm not a fan why have I devoted two posts to Billy Joel in two months? I am a fan OF HIS MUSIC. When th ese types of topics come up for discussion I just roll my eyes. Mostly because  one of the things I admire  most about Billy Joel is he DOESN'T discuss these things. Whenl there's an issue he feels strongly about,like the Long Island  fishermen back in the nineties, h e speaks out but he isn't in your face about it. He supports music pro=grams for children by donating his time and money. You don't need religion to be a good person
'I turn to the book Celebutards by Andrea Peyser, where she discusses liberal celebrities who mouth off about  politics and how foolish some fans are for blindly supporting t hem in everything they do.  The only advice Billy Joel ever gavee to his fans is "Don't take any shit from anybody"that's very sound advice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Grandma in Florida

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Mom Poem