Thanks Brian Gelnaw

 A lot of my blogging friends occasionally allow guest post to their blogs, some good some bad, but I have to post this post  by my friend Briann Gelnaw. Brian and I  forged a friendship the way a lot of my post-high school friendships were forged, at the Cornerstone in Hillsdale. Yes he was one of the  "Thursday Night Crew" just like Alex & Jamie. Brian has taken the 50 days 50 friends challenge where he posts a picture a day of a friend and writes how he met  them. Well  today he decided to highlight yours truly.I consider it an early birthday present:

Day 22: Justin Mattes 

It must have been the year Sanchez came to the Jets. I talked shit all season, and with good reason...as far as I was concerned they were going to win the whole damn thing. Super Bowl was ours!!!! Well the Jets lost in the AFC Championship game. My friends busted on me, my brother in law laughed and told me how the Jets will never win. Then from the other side of the room this guy who I just met that night waves me over. Beer in his hand he toasts me and says that he's sorry my Jets lost...and that they suck!!! Enter my friendship with Justin. He's one of a kind. Biggest heart around. He's a wise ass, and needs to be to run with the crew. He's also a very loving person who would give you anything he had. He writes poems that are amazing. He constantly is looking to engage people and to bring a smile to their face. Justin always has time for anyone. I've never seen him in a down mood...I've seen him a little tipsy, but never down. His ability to connect with others is amazing. His laugh and smile are warming to the soul. I don't know too many people who can start off a friendship by insulting the other, but Justin did....and I'm a better person because of it and him! I don't see things in black and white, but with Justin's help I sure see more color, beauty and clarity. He's opened my eyes to what you can do if you believe in yourself. Justin has touched the hearts of so many in our small community. What he doesn't know is that we take that love, that joy, that laughter that he has given and we spread it out through the world. His one smile can turn into a thousand smiles. "A waterfall starts with one drop of rain"
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part I

Trip to CT-- Branchville School visit Part III