Featured Post

Charlie Campbell Tribute

  It has been a whirlwind few weeks. One  father's friends from high school passed away earlier and we made an expected trip down to Murrells Inlet for the celebration of life. They have kept in touch over the years. Charlie moved around a lot during his eighty plus year his roots remained n Allendale, NJ! He and his wife Bev were a fixture a t DeeDee and Anth ony's Fourth of July Parties. I   know their kids,John and Annie.Charlie also had to sons from a previous marriage and it was recently discovered he has another daughter. Charlie was the CEO of several companies, like Floor Shine shoes and Munsingwear, a golf clothing company.  The family moved around a lot from  Allendale,NJ to  Connecticut to Minnesota before finally  settling in Murrells Inlet SC, founding the Dead Dog Saloon, a fixture on the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk, he later built the Claw House next door. Ironically Charlie and Bev brought a second house in Cape May which meant I spen...

A review of the job

Alright it's been a month since I started working at Columbia Presbyterian so it's time for a little recap of how it's going! Since we last visted this topic I have been working from home using a program called Timbuktu. Basically I can control the desktop from the computer setup at Columbia from home.I jus t open a new window lo into the network, and I'm ready to roll!! Yes folks I have gone to work without taking a bath and getting dress first. Yeqah I know there are people out there who are feeling very envious right now. Especially those who have to wrestle their way into New York City at six in the morning. I still get to wake up around ten, go downstairs for a lesiurely breakfast and then come back upstairs and get to work. I pull up th e computer at Columbia and get down to business! I averange about 50-75 images a day, which is very respectable considering the connection can get caught up sometimes'. This can be a bit of a pain because I am not too quick at the mouse bu t I do have my own speed and don't want anything to get in my way. There are already too many obstacles, I don't want any more!
I did get a handsome paycheck last week, no details, please don't ask! No I haven't bought a new radio, YET. I did manage to pick up one license plate, hey I needed to buy something. Bad thing is I didn't5 get a chance to get drunk with my first paycheck, maybe I'll save that for the second!!
Otherwise it's coming along nicely, I am not tired of it yet. Although I did have to sacrafice one writing project this year. Usually I do the Year in Review on the license plate list the last week in December, which disappointed a few people I'm sure but I need time away from the keyboard. It was a bit sad not doing it but I just didn't have it in me. For those who don't know what I 'm talking about, which is the majority of the group, for th e past few years I have been excerising my skills on an e-mail group for collector. People on this list post not only license plates they want or have tro sell, but comments on the hobby as well. ;There have been a few times where I have gotten into scrapes with the moderator, but every year for the past few years I havbe highlighted a few comments I thought would raise eyebrows./ I got an e-mail abouot it a few days ago and I haven 't had t he heart to answer. I will as soon as I put this entry to bed!!
Well that's about it from good old Bergen C ounty. I will be back in a few days............'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Contact - Five Lighthouses--W9C

Bob Dylan blows into town

2025 New Year's Note